Pages

Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Asphalt, Crescendos, and Indiscretion

Tires biting at the asphalt,
I can feel the wheel being pulled.
It would be so simple to let go right now-
To resist the responsibility of being in control.
Half-heartedly, I steer with my fingertips.
Barely on the edge where traction still exists,
and ride out the turn.

Is that what I'm supposed to do?
Just grasp with my fingertips while riding through these moments?
I can feel the emotions of each encounter crescendo;
Altering, becoming more intense!
My control slipping, transfiguring into something more sporadic-
and honestly, I don't think I want to hang on.

It's not the equivalent to wanting to let go-
it's exactly the opposite!
With every muscle in my body, I want to hold on to you-
I want to hold on to the moments where I can let go
…because you let me.

Perhaps my emotions are premature,
but I can’t deny thinking that I could be falling,
into something more than lust, with you.

No comments:

Post a Comment